This error occurs while updating the Windows system. Unlike other Windows Update errors, the existence of the error 0x8024402c is a clear indication that user’s PC is incapable to determine the right form of Internet connection settings which is used to connect to Windows Update Server smoothly. It is also quite possible that the computer may experience sudden shut down only to show you a similar messages like blue screen of death (BSOD) error. See all below explained methods to fix Windows update Error 0x8024402c that have been explained in details.
Methods to Fix Windows Update Error 0x8024402c
Method 1: First enable “automatic detect settings” icon
If it is found that the computer is not sure whether to connect to the Internet or not. It will surely lead to Windows Update Error 0x8024402c. In such cases, try to enable Automatic Detect Settings to fix the problem faster. Now follow all below steps of this method:
- The very first step is simply to launch the Internet Explorer browser.
- Click on the “settings” icon now which can found at the very top right side of the screen.
- The next step is to choose the “Internet” options.
- Hit on the “LAN settings” which is located just under the “Connection” pane.
- Check for “Automatically detect settings” icon
- Now the last step of this method will be trying to install Windows Updates.
- If you are not satisfied with the above method then, try the second method
Related Blog- How To Fix Windows Error 0x80070005?
Method 2: Remove the “Invalid Characters” visible in the Proxy Exception List
To go ahead with this method, you need to keep the proxy settings all clean to prevent your system from navigating to other unknown servers. Now to clean the proxy settings, follow below steps:
- Follow all the first three steps of method 1 to easily open the Local Area Network(LAN) settings in the Internet Explorer.
- Hit on the “Advanced” icon while you are working with a “proxy server for your LAN” is ticked on.
- The next step is to clear the “Exceptions box’ if there are any content to be found and hit the “OK’ button
- Make sure that you have exit from the Internet Explorer and then, run the Command Prompt section.
- Search and then, click to access the “Command Prompt” section from the ‘Start menu’ icon.
- The last step of this method is to run all the below commands:
- Type netsh winhttp reset proxy and hit Enter
- Type net stop wuauserv and hit Enter
- Type net start wuauserv and hit Enter.
- Install Windows updates now
Get in touch at Windows Support Number +1-800-220-1041 to fix all type of Windows Issues!
Users are most welcome to call us at Windows Customer Support Number +1-800-220-1041 to resolve their any kind of Windows issue instantly. We are reachable by users 24*7 hours to assist them with optimized solutions as and when needed. Our team of expert professionals are highly competent and holds strong record of resolving smallest to smallest Windows issue at a go. Call us now and get your issues fixed up faster.