Microsoft Setup Bootstrapper has stopped working, Microsoft has tried to fully enhance the installation process of their various products by strongly implementing its latest technologies. Well, various executable files have been used which were quite capable of installing a product with just a single click. However, in the Office 2013/2016, Microsoft is completely using the “Bootstrapper technology”. As defined by Windows Technical Support experts.
A “Bootstrapper” is entirely responsible for an initialisation process of an application which is built by using a “Composite Application Library” system. One can then explore more insights about the “Bootsrapper technology” on other trusted sites.
Recently, at the time of installing the Microsoft Office, it just came into notice of users that the issue of installation failure is just due to “Bootsrapper technology” which has stopped working. Here, in this problem, the Windows device will simply close the program and then notify users whether a solution is available for this error or not.
Steps to fix Microsoft Setup Bootstrapper has stopped working
Step 1: Windows Key+R
- Press the Windows Key + R combination and then type the “regedit” command in the “Run”dialog box. Hit the “Enter “to easily open the Registry Editor.
Step 2: Navigation process
- In the left pane, a user is needed to navigate to the following message shown below:
Step 3: AppCompatFlags key
- At this registry location, just right click on the “AppCompatFlags” key section and then select the “Export” button.
- One needs to save this key as a registration file in a convenient location on the system for backup purpose as advised by Windows Tech Support professional team members.
- Now simply right click on the same key which depicts a message as “AppCompatFlags” and then select the “Delete” button.
Step 4: Closing the Registry Editor
- You can now simply shut down the “Registry Editor” option and then start rebooting the machine carefully.
- After restarting the system, one is advised by expert professionals to go ahead with the installation phase of the Microsoft Office, in a “Clean Boot State” mode.
So, do let us know if your issues have been resolved or not? If you are still stuck in between certain serious issues then don’t hesitate to call us at our Windows Customer Support Phone Number as soon as possible.